tub spout continues to leak

Users who are viewing this thread

mg81

Reaction score
My tub has a 3 handle setup, one valve stem for hot, one for cold and the diverter valve in the middle. I've replaced the seat washers in all 3 (hot, cold, & diverter) and I've replaced the seats for both hot and cold. It doesn't leak for about 1 week, then begins to leak. I've replaced the seat washers more than once with the same results.

Also when the shower is on, there's a small stream of water that continues to come out of the spout...although I don't think its related, it's also bothersome.

Any ideas to help stop this leak would be helpful.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
leak

The leak from the diverter may be bothersome, but in the old days the spout operated diverters "leaked" like that intentionally. We cannot tell you why your repairs do not last without being there to check the valve ourselves.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks