This is for you Ratz...

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
trap

I guess that's to protect the home of snowbirds who go to Florida for 6 months and are too stupid to take measures. So, to be hooked up to the town sewers, you need to have a house trap

If they are not around to keep the fixture traps sealed, how is the house trap going to keep water in it? and those sewer guys were no worse than the ones who use a "stock" tape to show that a sewer needs to be dug up. Probably work for the one of the same companies.

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Thanks Cass.

It is these guys out their ripping off the public that makes it hard for us to make a living. People are super worried about the prices you charge to the point they call half the guys in the phone book. Sadly they will get the guy that gives them the lowest price and do not realize that usually is the guy that is scamming others.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Oh just give you an idea about these con-men. I happened onto a block where these guys where digging up a sewer and installing a clean out. I decided to watch them and what I seen them do made my jaw drop and hang around to see if they where getting it inspected or not. What I saw was they dug down 8 feet and layed a tee down in the hole the brought up a riser. The tee was just laying in the hole, no other sewer pipe was anywhere near it. When they started to back fill I called the inspector and informed him of what was going on. The inspector came out put a stop work order on the job for no permit. Then had the guys uncover the pipe they installed. Turned out they where no where near a sewer line. The sewer was 20 feet on the other side of the lot.

I'm surprised they went through the effort of digging down 8' to do that...
They worked hard on that scam!:eek:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I wouldn't have worked at it long....
If it's not holding and there was not access back towards the clog I wouldn't have even tried it.

TedL

Reaction score
I guess that's to protect the home of snowbirds who go to Florida for 6 months and are too stupid to take measures. So, to be hooked up to the town sewers, you need to have a house trap

If they are not around to keep the fixture traps sealed, how is the house trap going to keep water in it?

I can only guess they're counting on rain/snow falling into the vents. I'm just furious with the ignorance, after my house trap plugged up. But the head of DPW talked to a local plumber who thought they're a good idea, so...........

The Fixer

Reaction score
Its actually against federal and state laws to have them do that. I worked for Roto Rooter then i found out about a class action law suit out of NY that i joined....They fired soon after but im expecting to get my money back for my truck and gas. You cant be a sub and an employee. The companies being sued for un ethical practices in like 6 states. Its part of their corporate structure.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks