Newbie: ADA toilet for a shallow depth remodel

Users who are viewing this thread

fly2themoon

Reaction score
Can any suggest a very reliably flushing toilet for a small (35 sq, ft,) remodel? We are getting rid of the tub, sink, and ancient toilet crammed into this bath that functions as guest bath/ powder room. We would like to install an very reliable ADA toilet in the old not-so-faithfuls's- place. The problem is the toilet is located directly across from the inward swinging door. Current clearance from wall to door swing is 27.75 in. Today wall tile was removed and we may be able to gain another inch (28.75 in.) from wall to door. Rough in is 12" from original wall. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Toto Dalton CST733F is 26-1/4" front to back with a 16-1/8" high bowl
The Toto Dreake CST744EL ADA is 28" front to back with a 16-1/2" high bowl

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
To gain some design freedom in my bath, I replaced a swinging door with a pocket door...no clearance issues! You need a wall where there is either no or moveable things to gain the clearance (i.e., pipes, ducts, wiring). Or, they also make a sliding door that is entirely in the room like a barn door - it could go either outside or inside the bathroom. Using quality fittings (dual track ball bearing guides), the things are finger tip light and quiet. I opted for a set that could support up to a 300-pound door (mine is nowhere near that), and it was only a few bucks more than the lower capacity version, but it added a lot of strength and longevity (I expect, anyway). Johnson seems to make some of the best...I was not impressed with Stanley and several other brands I found.

fly2themoon

Reaction score
ADA toilet for a shallow depth remodel

Thanks for the suggestions! I think both the toilets models will work, and the barn/pocket door will be perfect. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks