(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: continuous "relief" from t&p valve

DIY Junior Member

i believe all is good (knock on wood). No leaks from the T&P since replacing it yesteray around noon. I want to thank everyone for your help. You saved me bunch of money because I would have just went out and bought a new w/h which would have been 700-800. Thanks again. Next task is replacing the timer on the dishwasher. Everything happens at once.....

Scott

T&P Valve looking at two sides.
    Last edited by Terry; 04-24-2009 at 10:21 AM.

Even though it seems like you do not have a closed system you need to check your water pressure...unless you do you may be shortening the expected life of the heater...buy a pressure gage and check the pressure...I doubt you know what the incoming water pressure is...

DIY Junior Member

i planned on doing that today...getting ready to head out and pick up a pressure gage and test it out.

Default heater

quote; You saved me bunch of money because I would have just went out and bought a new w/h which would have been 700-800.

Which is EXACTLY why I tell people to find out WHAT the problem is before doing anything. You had already changed a perfectly good thermostat, which the company paid for, without curing the problem.