What is the best way to bore a 4 inch well on a budget?

Users who are viewing this thread

sticks22

Reaction score
I thought that I could try using a motorized post hole digger with some pipe added to extend further into the ground. Then I was going to slide a 4 inch pvc pipe into the hole for the casing.
Is this a good option or should I just try a drive point well? I am trying to gain the most water I possibly can!

sticks

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I think we need a little more info.....

How deep is your water table? Do you plan on drinking this water?

20 feet of pipe in the ground around here won't get you anywhere............

sticks22

Reaction score
I plan to use the water for my chickens in case the power grid goes down. We share a well with our neighbors. I dont know how deep the water table is. I havent gotten that far yet. Why do you ask? Just curious!

Speedbump

Reaction score
If you don't know these things in advance, your going blind. You should do some research in your area by talking to some of the Well Drillers and neighbors. People who may have shallow wells in their yards. Then find out what method they used.

bob...

sticks22

Reaction score
My neighbors to the left have wells that were drilled by a professional drill at 100 feet. Im not sure about my neighbor to our right.

Speedbump

Reaction score
As a first time DIY'er, I wouldn't be looking to go 100 feet with the best of equipment. It's not something you can just do without prior experience.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks