Proper cauking

Users who are viewing this thread

Donn2390

Reaction score
I have my new Eco Drake and Aquia installed and working great, so it's time to caulk the base to the floor.
When I removed the two, they were grouted at the base to match the tile grout.
Somewhere in this site, I read of the recommended caulk to use, but I haven't been able to find where I read it. Do you knowledgable guys have a preference, or just go to HD and grab one...?
My usual calking experiences result in calk from floor to ceiling, and head to toe. I guess experience counts. Hopefully this time I will end up with a smooth, professional looking caulk bead.... Maybe I need one of those TV tools...!
Thanks for you continued help

kc1121

Reaction score
Polyseam Seal

avoid silicone stuff

polyseamseal_clear.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ditto the Polyseam. Those gadgets advertised on TV are intriguing alright, but even if they do work as well as the hype, for caulking one toilet it would be a waste of money IMHO. I use to struggle with getting a neat caulking job until I would given a technique by a friend. Keep your finger wet. I just have a cup or can of water real handy and keep the finger clean and wet.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I use Polyseamseal or, Phenoseal...

polyseamseal_clear.jpg

Never Ever Ever use Silicone RTV based caulk:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks