Toe Kick Heat

Users who are viewing this thread

NoisyOldRadiator

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a series loop hot water system in my home. I would like to install a toe kick heater in my kitchen. Under the kitchen floor and accessible in the basement, is a 3/4" copper pipe feeding the baseboard heat to my dining room. I realize that I can cut into this pipe and install the toe kick heater and keep the water flowing on to the dining room. The problem is the inlet & outlet of the toe kick is 1/2". If I place it in series with the dining room won't it act like a fuse and limit the heat to the dining room? If I place T's in the 3/4" pipe the 1/2" pipes won't get enough hot water as the water will follow the path of least resistance. Right?
Is there a way to do this using the existing 3/4" pipe under the kitchen or do I have to install another zone?

Thanks
Mike

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks