Hot water smell

Users who are viewing this thread

FoxHome01

Reaction score
I noticed the other day when we were running the hot shower to steam up the bathroom for our son who has a cold, there was an odor (musty/moldy). I thought that it may have been the diaper bin that's in the bathroom, but it happened again last night (we had taken the diaper bin out). So I went around to all the faucets in the house and turned on the hot water and the same smell. Only smell it when the hot water is in use.

What could this be? It's not an egg/sulfur smell that I've seen others talk about.

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
The tank doesn't have numbers on the knob. It's set about 1/4 of the way.

Easy way to check the temp is to get a meat thermometer put it in a glass and run the hot water into the glass. If it is below 120 degrees you will need to turn it up. To low of a temperature is a breeding ground for things in the tank.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks