Moen Single Handle Kitchen Faucet, #87500

Users who are viewing this thread

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
I need the armored hose [spout hose] that the pullout spout is hooked to. The internal flexible pipe is leaking.

Moen says this faucet is retired but I should pursue after-market vendors, so I'm on my way to Plumbing Parts Plus.

Anyone know how I can get this hose?

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
I would press the issue with Moen. Tell them you want them to honor their warranty. Either send you the part needed or a new faucet.

Last edited:

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
Ace #4168258, Universal replacement hose, $40, from my local H/W store,
plus one hour labor dropping tools on my face, finding leaks, tightening, wondering where the O ring went, etc., etc.

So $40 every few years or months vs. $250 for a new faucet of a different brand.:confused:

SewerRatz

Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
The Moen lifetime warranty has not been around that many years, so this one could predate it.

They always had a lifetime warranty on their cartridge and other complaints. Then they came out with the lifetime on the finish as well. Ever since the new warranty where they cover the whole faucet, they try to tell people that their older faucets no longer have a warranty. Which is a ploy to make people buy newer faucets. If you press the issue about the parts where always warrantied for a lifetime they eventually give in and mail off the parts. One thing my father always told me " The squeaky wheel gets the most oil." Knowing this I even had them cover a spout on a 30 year old faucet explaining to them the homeowners take great care of their fixture and there was no reason for the finish to come off in one spot. Took me a week to convince them but was worth it. It was the old pot spout they came out with where you grab a hold of it and raise it straight up to give you the clearance you need for large pots.

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
I must be getting old, but for $40 I'll go with the aftermarket.

In the past, they did send me free parts a few times, though, just for calling and asking. It might have been installed in '94.

I also Googled
"class action" Moen
but it didn't come up with anything outstanding.

Thanks all, guys!:eek:

SewerRatz

Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Your welcome. Why not change it out to something newer and better? Do not ask me what is better, I am clueless when it comes to what is reliable these days. I used to like Grohe myself.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks