(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: ADA-compliant Toilets For A Tight Space?

Default ADA-compliant Toilets For A Tight Space?

Does anyone know of an ADA-compliant (high seat) that can be installed into a rough-in area that's actually less than 10-inches? My problem came about when I recently replaced a very old toilet with a new Toto Drake, having first measured the distance between the floor pipe and the base edge of our bathroom's rear wall. This clearly indicated that we needed a 10-inch configuration. Unfortunately our walls were only discovered to be out of alignment, apparently as a result of structural settling, after we installed -- or tried to install -- the new Drake. As a result, while the base of the toilet seemed to fit, the point at which the top rear edge of the toilet's tank came into contact with the wall -- did NOT. The bottom line is that we never got an even crushing of the wax ring, and thus failed to obtain a proper seal, leaving us with the certainty of a slow leak into the unit below. Since correcting the wall's slight misalignment would be prohibitively expensive, I find myself stuck with a clearance requirement that's just about 1/2-inch under what our 10-inch Drake will accommodate. Anyone know of another ADA toilet that might work within this space constraint?

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale Peanut9199's Avatar

The Lloyd or the Soiree are the only 10" rough-in available toilet with ADA.
    They both have a 3/4" gap so if pushed to the wall you can rough-in 9-1/4".
    http://www.totousa.com/ProductDetail...b-3a89eea41eb2
    http://www.totousa.com/ProductDetail...b-3a89eea41eb2

TOTO Soiree pedestal lav, faucet and toilet suite
    Last edited by Terry; 03-21-2009 at 10:38 AM.