No water to one sink & dishwasher from hot water lines

Users who are viewing this thread

Timk10

Reaction score
I have an issue with our kitchen sink faucet and dishawasher not getting water from the hot water lines.

They have separate supply lines from an inside wall under the sink. Both are turned on fully.

It was significantly below freezing last night but these are connected to pipes that are on an inside wall. We are also getting hot water from all the other faucets in the house.

The kitchen sink faucet is a single lever handle (not separate hot /cold handles.) The faucet's cold water is running from the cold water line under the sink. When you move the lever to hot nothing comes out.

When you turn on the dishwasher it does not get any water. It only has access to hot water so that eliminates cold water issues.

I checked the water line at the street and the meter was not running when all the water sources turned off.

Any thoughts, ideas, checks that I can perform? :confused:

Thanks in advance

Timk10

Reaction score
No. This faucet is on the bottom floor of a two story w/ slab foundation. We don't have a basement.

It seems to have fixed itself so I guess it was a freezing issue but I cannot figure out why those pipes froze given their location.

I went ahead and had a local handyman flush/clean out the hot water heaters. We have pretty high mineral content in the water and the units had not been flushed. The water was running again prior to that occuring.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks