Broken manabloc valve

Users who are viewing this thread

ndb3

Reaction score
I have a manabloc system and I broke the diamond shaped head for the shut off valve. I have an open port directly above the broken one and was wondering what it might cost to have it switched or to repair the broken valve? Is it something that someone with no plumbing experience could do themselves with good directions?

Thanks

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
I see sharbites in someones future...

Throw us a pic so we can see how much pex you have to work with.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Can you get that broken valve to shut off?
Try it with the main shut off and the pressure bled down.

If that works switch it over to one of the unused ones...

ndb3

Reaction score
No I can't shut it off because the tip that the key goes on broke off. I really know nothing about plumbing. Do you mean shut off the main to the
house or is there a main shut off to the manabloc? How do you bleed down the pressure?

Can I just pop off one of the red caps with an unbroken tip and switch it with the broken one avoiding having to mess with any of the water lines?

Thanks for your help.

lasmoody

Reaction score
Manabloc has a ten year warranty

I too had broken some manabloc valve stems. I called Vanguard at 800-775-5039. They referred me to my local district manager who scheduled a plumber to come out and replace all the valves not just the broken ones at no cost. Apparently there was a design flaw as my contact said it is a very common problem. Hopefully you are within the 10 warranty period as they confirm with the city when your house was built.

I hope this helps

Good Luck

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
repair

If the valve cannot be repaired, unfasten the tubing from it, remove the wood between that hose and the hole above it. Raise the tubing and connect it to the upper valve, then obtain a piece of PEX tubing, and a Sharkbite cap. Connect the piece of tubing to the broken valve and push the cap onto the end of it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks