circuit breaker question

Users who are viewing this thread

fjbvax

Reaction score
Hi. I have a Cutler Hammer 200Amp electric panel box and want to add a 20 amp breaker dedicated to a new side by side refrig.. I find that their breakers are identified with 'CH' or 'BR'. The panel is 7 years old. Inside the door is a label with numerous 'CH's and one 'BR' listed. I'm not sure which one to buy.Can you help me? Thank You

TedL

Reaction score
Look in the panel for the breaker that supplies your laundry. It s/b a 20 amp.
Look at your open slots. Can they take the same?

You'll find a selection of breakers for CH panels at the big blue box. Unless space is an issue, a single pole full size (width) breaker will work.

Jar546

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.inspectpa.com
What color are the breaker handles and what color is the box?

Tan? good chance it is a CH which is the higher end model. BR is the cheaper yet adequate model.

Black breaker handles with a gray box then probably a BR.

TedL

Reaction score
In any case, the simple answer is that a sample of what you need is almost certainly sitting in the box in front of you.

fjbvax

Reaction score
What color are the breaker handles and what color is the box?

Tan? good chance it is a CH which is the higher end model. BR is the cheaper yet adequate model.

Black breaker handles with a gray box then probably a BR.

jar546 Thank's very much. I'll check the box,color's etc.. Floridian

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks