Kitchen Faucet Spit

Users who are viewing this thread

waxgroove

Reaction score
I'm on my second new Price Pfister kitchen faucet (I returned the first thinking it was defective). After initially turning on it gives me a short "spit" then its fine. It does it with cold and hot water.

I've had the PRV replaced and house pressure checked at 60 psi. This is a 10 year old townhouse with copper pipes.

It only appears to be doing it when first turning on - repeated uses are fine. It doesn't appear to be doing it anywhere else.

Air in the line? Water heater run?

Thanks,

waxgroove

Reaction score
Yes

I have an expansion tank - it is original (assuming) with a 11 year old Bradford White 40 gal WH.

As a note - the HW from the faucet is very cloudy and pretty hot. I moved in August of 2008 - based on the condition of the home I would say that it has never been drained nor has the anode rod been replaced (just guessing).

There probably is a bunch of sedement in the tank - but I'm affraid to touch a 11 year old WH in fear that it will crap out (I'm waiting for the HW to go out any day).

I read somewhere that excessive gases could cause this - any truth to it? How are they introduced into the system (which I assume is closed).

Thanks,

Last edited:

waxgroove

Reaction score
Holy crap

Interesting read. The house was not vacant when I bought it - I try to run the extra bath faucets once a week - just to keep things in check.

I always turn on the hot water before using the dishwasher - someone had told me its a good idea.

I'm assuming its some form of air - a leak or methane gas? I've read that methane gas (as well as air) can make faucets spit.

Can anyone offer anything else?

Last edited:

waxgroove

Reaction score
Heater is gas

Tonight I ran all faucets for about 5 minutes. Got rid of the cloudiness (which apparently is only on the first floor). About a half hour later it returned to the powder room downstairs - but not the kitchen.

The owners manual for the WH doesn't match the dial - it is set to HOT.

Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks