User review on CST454CEFG 2 piece TOTO Drake II, Gwenyth, Owner comments and pictures

Users who are viewing this thread

Wallijonn

Reaction score
CST454CEFG ...I find that it gets skid marked almost every time you do a 2. ... he rarely has this problem on her fairly low end American Standard 1.6gpf...

For this kind of money, I expect the toilet to rinse pretty well.

The cheap AS most probably isn't a syphonic toilet (and because the CST454CEFG is syphonic all the water doesn't come out of the bowl rim.)

At work we have an old Eljer 1.6gpf that works great, but even it occasionally streaks (which is expected when you have over 20 bus drivers regularly using it.) The maintenance guy has now set it to about 0.8gpf (half filled from the 1.6gpf bowl line) and it still works great. Lots of water still gets flushed down the drain. Too bad that one can't find that toilet any longer. It has a very short inverted "U" trapway.

As far as the CST454CEFG goes, it may be that you need a bigger water spot (Drake, Entrada), a seat that is pushed forward a little, or a 1.6gpf toilet.

It isn't just the gpf, though. I had some Briggs 3.5gpfs that needed two flushes to evacuate fully.

Last edited:

Wallijonn

Reaction score
He spends a lot of time at his girlfriend's house, and said that he rarely has this problem on her fairly low end American Standard 1.6gpf (he couldn't remember the model). So it seems that there might be some issue with this particular toilet?

You would need to remove the Toto and install it at her place and remove her A.S. and install it in your place to rule out piping and water pressure. Then ask her how often she cleans the toilet before he comes over to use it. It may be as simple as her cleaning the toilet every day whereas you only clean it when it spots.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
toto-tower-1.jpg

The new flush tower that you may see in the Drake II tanks.
This picture is from an Ultrmax II.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
cst453-whidbey.jpg

The Drake II now comes in round
CST453CEFG for the 1.28 and CST453CUFG for the 1.0 gallon
This one was installed on Whidbey Island.

As you can see to the left, there was a doorway there. The shorter bowl was nice for this location.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
cst453-terrylove-3.jpg

A round front installed in Carnation Washington.
I'm not a fan of carpet, and I believe there is tile happening in it's future.

I had previously installed two of the elongated versions upstairs where they had more room, and the homeowner was very happy with how they handled well water, so a third one was installed in the small bathroom.

corrugated-shutoff-terrylove-3.jpg

The old toilet had this horrible corrugated shutoff that was replaced with a new quarter turn valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks