Question regarding replacing a fiberglass tub in a apartment!

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris112

Reaction score
Hi I am trying to replace my fiberglass tub but live in an apartment on the 2nd floor. All the directions I read say to cut out below the tub to remove the plumbing and drains, but I unfortunately can’t do that. What is my alternative to getting the tub out without having access to the first floor? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Chris

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
First, you'd need to get access to the edges - the drywall or plaster is covering that up. Then, I'd just take a sawsall and chop it up around the drain. Once you get it released from the drain, you can cart the old tub away. Setting a new tub when you don't have access from below takes some skill...once you get things cleaned out, if you can poke an access hole in the wall at the drain end, you might be able to do it yourself. If not, you probably want to pay a pro to set the tub for you.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks