(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Low Low water pressure at camp?

Default Low Low water pressure at camp?

I did not see answer here that covered my problem or I just did read that far. Anyways I have a camp up in north new hampshire and we shut the water pump off each time we leave the camp. Well we have not been up there in about four month's this time we went up and there was no water flow at all after I turned the water pump on .( I should tell you it is a house really we call it a camp so it has code plumbing) after ten minite's the water comes on but not much pressure at all not enough to take a shower and this problem applys to hot water to any ideas on how to fix it?

Do you mean it applies ONLY to the hot water or both hot and cold...

Quote Originally Posted by Cass View Post
    Do you mean it applies ONLY to the hot water or both hot and cold...

Both..hot and cold water

I'll take a wild guess that there is a low spot in the supply line coming from the well and it has frozen. If this is true, then in the future when you drain the lines, you will need to use compressed air to blow that low spot out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Swart View Post
    I'll take a wild guess that there is a low spot in the supply line coming from the well and it has frozen. If this is true, then in the future when you drain the lines, you will need to use compressed air to blow that low spot out.
    Ok no low spot the main line is below freeze mark about 6 feet then into celler which is heated it is a in line water pump at bottom of well. The expansion tank(i think that is what it is ) is in line to the main shut off valve. The only part we drain is the second phase we only use that bathroom when we have guest's.

Test, Don't Guess! cacher_chick's Avatar

I would recommend continuing the diagnosis by recording the pressure at the pressure switch when the pump turns on, and then when the pump turns off. The pressure switch should be located near the pressure tank.