(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Kohler Sink installation/parts

  1. #1

    Default Kohler Sink installation/parts

    We are installing a new Kohler sink (Iron/Tones® Smart Divide® offset kitchen sink- K-6498). It says to use Adjustable P-trap with tubing outlet, 1-1/2" x 1-1/2" for installation. Do I have to use the Kohler brand ($112.05) or can I get this piece elsewhere?

    Thank you

  2. #2
    Plumber jimbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    San Diego


    That trap is suitable for display under glass at the local art museum. In my humble opinion, I would never spend that on kitchen trap. If the sink happend to be in an open cabinet where that beautiful high chrome polish over solid cast brass, and those stylish nuts, could be appreciated...well I still wouldn't , unless the customer was just dying to spend $125 bucks, instead of $17.95 for his trap. Most folks will get a $4.95 PVC version.

    Other than the high end styling and material, there is nothing "different" about that item.

  3. #3
    Moderator & Master Plumber hj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona

    Default Kohler

    Everything Kohler makes is overpriced, so they would prefer that you buy things from them. ANY 1 1/2" tubular trap and accessory pieces will work, regardless of the material they are made from.

  4. #4


    Thank you. I was hoping to hear that! I didn't really want to spend that much on a piece like that. Thanks!!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts