Key West

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Plumber needed in Key West

I have just got back from a vacation in Key West before I leave on another plane tomorrow for a week's work in Lesotho, a poor country in Southern Africa.

I am taking my camera to Lesotho to take some shots of any plumbing I see there while I do my day job.

But before I even get there, I was shocked at the state of some of the plumbing I saw on vacation in Key West.

Don't get me wrong, I always try to book hotels that have good toilets. The one in our suite was OK, with a good flush but not as strong as my Cadet 3 at home. But no complaints, the little thing did try its best, but I have high expectations, American Standard expectations. Can you see it in the corner?

toilet.jpg

But when we stepped out onto the beach, it was a different story.

The view was nice.

beach.jpg

But this in a public restroom absolutely ruined the vacation.

sink.jpg

So be warned! South East plumbing sucks!

Last edited:

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
If you want to see some original plumbing, visit the old fort in Key West where the "facility" is a long row of seats over a trench that is tide-washed a couple of times each day. And of course, be sure to take a stroll past houseboat row ...

"Life's a breeze in the Florida Keys!"

Attachments

• houseboat row.jpg
    houseboat row.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 523
  • houseboat row house.jpg
    houseboat row house.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 488
  • houseboat row 2.jpg
    houseboat row 2.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 482
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks