Make chrome trap to sani-T connection look nice

Users who are viewing this thread

Jwray

Reaction score
Will be installing a wall hung lavatory where the drain and supply will be exposed. I would like to use a tubular (cast or drawn) chromed brass trap/trap arm to make it look nice. I would like to do it so little to no PVC is showing.

How can the trap to sanitary T connection be accomplished without any PVC showing?

I should mention that the bath is a new bath will walls gutted and I have not yet installed the rough in DWV so I am starting from scratch here and can use whatever option is best.

Thanks,

Joel

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tee

You install the tee in the wall so it is far enough back that it does not project through the finished wall. Then when you place the lav in position, you put a "street" trap adapter, or a female one with a piece of pipe, depending on how far the tee is inside the wall. Then insert the trap into the adapter with a slip nut and a chrome deep, or "bell", escutcheon to cover the connection.

Jwray

Reaction score
slip nut / adapter material?

Thanks HJ

Are the trap adapter and slip nut both PVC even with a metal trap arm?

I didn't think about hiding it with an eschuteon (sp?)!!

Thanks for the advice.

Joel

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks