Water flow - Is it the faucet?

Users who are viewing this thread

mds

Reaction score
I did a major remodel and some of the faucets have good water flow, but many have suboptimal water flow. My plumber says it is the plumbing fixtures, not the pipes (all redone in copper) or any installation issues. I don't know how to assess this and I don't know how to fix it (short of replacing many faucets if that is the issue). I am in California that has low flow requirements. Most of the faucets are from Newport Brass.

Any thoughts? If there is good (very good - and it is a different brand product) flow in one tub then can I assume that it is truly the faucets on the others (especially the other ones right near by)?
Thanks,
MDS

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucets

That would be the normal assumption, and because all the faucets other than the tub have maximum flow restrictions, it would be a very likely diagnosis, assuming the faucets are not plugged up, that is.

mds

Reaction score
Is there anything I can do about it short of replacing the faucets? Is there are way to reduce or eliminate the restrictors?

Thanks,
MDS

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucets

Usually you have to remove the aerators, but since YOU probably cannot buy unregulated aerators, you would have to live with a splashing sink faucet if you did it.

mds

Reaction score
Doesn't seem fair, but thanks for the feedback.
MDS

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks