undercounter lighting

Users who are viewing this thread

JWelectric

Electrical Contractor/Instructor
Reaction score
Ah, I see.....so you are over 65 then I guess & just about retired
I'm close to 50 :)

No not just about but completely retired. I ain't gonna to sweat anymore for no amount of money. I ain’t gonna do a thing that I can pay someone else to do for me and this includes wiping my own ……………. easy there boy you are about to talk ugly.

Here is an example. About three years ago I ran out of gas going down the highway. The car rolled to within 30 feet of a gas pump when it stopped.
What did I do?
I called Triple A and had them dispatch someone out to me so I didn’t have to exit the vehicle for any reason and walla a full tank of gas. All I had to do was sign my name.
Remember I am retired and have nothing but time on my hands so I wasn’t wasting any time while waiting for the service truck to arrive.

I am so lazy that I am trying to figure out a way I can use an inter-tube and a compressor to breathe for me.

I slide into the tube and then blow up the tube so it will squeeze out my breath and then let the air out of the tube so my chest can relax letting new air in. Then do the process all over.

The wife came home the other day and was surprised to see me watching the same DVD I was watching when she left 10 hours earlier that morning.
She asked why I was watching the same movie. The answer was simple, the DVD player was on the other side of the room and so was the remote control for the TV.
I sure was glad that she made me put a pee pad on the chair before she left. If she hadn’t that chair might get to stinking.

Sorry for that pause in typing but I had to wait until my great grandson went to the bathroom before I could continue with this post after all I am too lazy to type it myself.

Scuba_Dave

Extreme DIY Homeowner
Reaction score
Website
holidaves.com
I actually ran out of gas while waiting behind a car at the pump :(
I did manage to push it enough to get gas into it
I do use Triple A for tire changes, and an old car died on the highway

My grandkids are just about old enough to have kids if they start early. Which is about par for the course on my ex-wife's side of the family. My son isn't 3 yet & doesn't like the computer as it takes me away from him

You just need the proper wiring & relay on that switch to the compressor. As the tube deflates (sitting on it) it hits a switch which kicks the compressor back on

Your time is worth something, so you must have wasted it ;)

Scuba_Dave

Extreme DIY Homeowner
Reaction score
Website
holidaves.com
Here's what I found locally at a DIY store (not the Blue or orange box)

http://zilotek.com/led_striplight.htm

Thanks for that link, I'd prefer to go with 120v I think
Doesn't say where you can buy them - sent them an E-mail
But I do have 3 LED pucks w/12 LED's in each - uses 4 watts
It can power 3 more pucks - so maybe I'll get 3 more

Actually LED's are dimmable of they are designed for it

Last edited:

JWelectric

Electrical Contractor/Instructor
Reaction score
I actually ran out of gas while waiting behind a car at the pump :(
I did manage to push it enough to get gas into it
I do use Triple A for tire changes, and an old car died on the highway
I just ain't gonna to push nothing that I can pay someone else push for me

My grandkids are just about old enough to have kids if they start early. Which is about par for the course on my ex-wife's side of the family. My son isn't 3 yet & doesn't like the computer as it takes me away from him
I have three great grand children and one on the way. I had four girls and a boy and then had four grandsons with one grand daughter up until about a year ago when a set of twin grand daughters came along. I now have three great grand daughters and the one on the way is a boy.

You just need the proper wiring & relay on that switch to the compressor. As the tube deflates (sitting on it) it hits a switch which kicks the compressor back on
Yes the proper wiring is important. I had it working off a PLC the other day when something went a little crazy. The compressor didn’t shut off and the tube blew up so big it busted. Now this scared the living daylights out of the wife and she started yelling at the top of her lungs. Well this didn’t matter to me much as my ears were ringing and I couldn’t hear a thing she was saying. My ribs still hurt a little where the hole in the middle of that tube all but disappeared just before it exploded.

Your time is worth something, so you must have wasted it ;)
Ever been to the zoo? Did you go by the monkeys? Believe me I didn’t waste my time. If the wife had of been with me we might have children that are younger than our great grand children.

edlentz

Reaction score
Those LED strips are 120 v with no xfrmr. I installed switched outlets in my cabinets and plugged into them. I got them at a DIY place called Men ard's (put those last two words together).

CarlH

Reaction score
Thanks edlentz.

I'd be curious to see how they hold up for the long term. I have some white LED low profile biscuits from Ikea that I use for some up-lights on my entertainment center. They worked great for the first year or two and now they are beginning to dim.

I found some LED under cabinet lights made by Philips, but they are quite expensive. This is the Philips eW Powercore lights.

In my kitchen, I have some 120v halogen biscuits that have a three step dimmer. They are pretty nice, but when the bulbs burn out they do so in a supernova fashion and take out the fuse on the dimmer and sometimes the triac in the dimmer.

I'll be looking to replace both sets at some point.

Last edited:

edlentz

Reaction score
No prob CarlH,

I have a couple of sets of the Halogen pucks that use the 12 v xfmr. They are about 6 years old and still work fine. But they get hot! I found these LEDS and they are great so far. I only installed them this summer so I don't have a long time with them. Good luck

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks