New bath tie in

Users who are viewing this thread

bigguy

Reaction score
I am splicing into a 3" pvc waste drain, which is rigidly fixed on both ends. A pvc fitting would difficult if not impossible to install. Is a neoprene fernco ok to use?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
They make repair couplings which don't have a stop in them, but assuming this is not underground, you need no-hub connectors if you don't use a repair coupling. A repair coupling requires a bit of skill and speed, or it will set before you get everything in place. No-hub connectors are thin neoprene rubber sleeve with a metal reinforcement sleeve over top and the hose clamps to hold things together. The reinforcement keeps the ends of the pipes aligned. The all rubber fitting can be used underground because you are supposed to properly support the pipe when backfilling with sand or dirt which should keep the ends aligned.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
tub

I am concerned that if you do not know the proper way to make the connection, whether the rest of the piping will be done properly, such as an approved vent and no "S" traps.

plumbing4u

Plumber
Reaction score
fernco

come on guys it is a simple question :cool: Yes "hj" is OK to use a fern co or mission band or a rubber coupling. just make sure that your repair is shaded and compacted before you back fill.
I hope my answer help and i hope is not too late

take care

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
coupling

Yes "hj" is OK to use a fern co or mission band or a rubber coupling.

if you are referring to the rubber sleeve with two hose clamps, the typical Fernco coupling, then it is NOT permitted here, or most places, ANYWHERE inside the building.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks