Frost free faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

jolakri

Reaction score
My outdoor faucet(20+years) has finally had enough. I have been reading on the site about the Woodford 17. I can only get them online-no big deal-but I can also pick up a faucet from Lowes/HD. Is the Woodford worth the extra expense???? The woodford comes in several different types-re: should I get the 1/2 line or the 3/4 line???? Should I solder or just get the ones that you solder the female end and screw the faucet into???? I have no problem using solder and have room to do such-in a full basement. The faucets from HD/Lowes -except for the lengths(which also offer different sizes) all come with 3/4 pipe and the male 3/4 inch thread which screws into a female 3/4 soldered coupler on the 1/2 inch line. Any opinions would be helpful. Thanks Joe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks