Tub/Shower temperature

Users who are viewing this thread

abacuslearns

Reaction score
I have a Symmons temptrol valve in our shower. The problem we have been having is that we don't get hot enough water to draw a bath- yet strangely (to me anyway) the shower is hot enough. When drawing a bath, the water is hot for about 30 seconds and then goes lukewarm (about 85 degrees). In poking around the net I came to the conculsion that the spindle/diverter was bad and so I replaced it and was very proud of myself- except it didn't fix the problem. :eek:

The sink in the same bathroom gets hot water (about 120 deg) and the washing machine located 1 floor directly below the bathroom also gets hot water with no problem. What gives?

We have been filling pots of hot water from the kitchen to supplement the kids bathwater... so I would really like to figure this out!

Thanks for any advice and thanks for the forum...

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
The pressure balancing is getting stuck. I have found these valves are very tempermental when it comes to foreign materials in them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks