Toto Ultramax or Toto Aquia

Users who are viewing this thread

nitram

Reaction score
We have just recently replaced two bathrooms with the toto ultramax,happy with them. We are now in the market for another new toilet. I have narrowed it down to toto ultramax or toto aquia. I can get an toto aquia for much less because of over stock. ( about half the price )BUT will I be as happy with it !!!
My concerns are the of installation of the aquia, sounds like the aquia is more difficult ,is it because of the covered bowl, and it is being installed in basement on tiled floor.
The aquia being a dual flush verses ultamax not, is the dual flush better...which would you recommend ?? Also I know the ultamax has a 3" flush valve, not sure what the aquia has,can you help me out there.
Hope to get some answers ..........thks, Dar

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can find all of the technical answers on Terry's Report on Low Flow Toilets which is linked from the home page of this forum. I think it is safe to say either will work well for you. In fact, Toto doesn't make a bad toilet, so it comes down to personal preference on appearance and price.

Adenwork2

Reaction score
Notes on things not in any specifications.

I have an Aquia II, Vespin and Supreme. I find the Aquia II easier to clean on the outside from skirt design. The inside of the bowl gets streaks (streaks of stool) because the water spot is very small. Also, the 0.9 g flush mode does not clean out all the urine. Can not say if it is an installation issue. No experience with anyone else's Aquia II. And it was installed by a licensed, bonded plumber. Can not say how hard the installation was. Flush is strong enough but occasionally does not clear the bowl with 1.6 g. Aquia II lower price of these.

Vespin is the stronger flusher. 1.6g. Streaks some even though water spot is fairly large and is Sanigloss.

Supreme the least strong flush and makes the least noise. Round front. 1.6g. Occasionally does not clear bowl. Water spot bigger than Aquia II and shallow so it streaks less than Aquia II. None have clogged over a few months since installation.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
I would be concerned about installing the Aquia toilet in the basement.
We have a lot of problems with 1.6gpf toilets getting backed up in the basement as you don't have the gravity drop like you do in a 1st floor toilet.
The Aquia has less flush than normal toilets .8 gpf reduced flush.
If it were me i would install a toilet with G-max flush as you have that large push of water to push the waste down the pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks