Basement Bathroom Plans....

Users who are viewing this thread

ssgregory97

Reaction score
I am in the process of planning a layout for my unfinished basement.

1. I labeled the drains to what I believe is correct. Are they?:confused:
2. Can I raise a tub to drain into the drain on the bottom of the pipe shown in the picture?:confused:

I really appreciate any input of help I can get in the design of this project.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Basement Roughed Bathroom Drains 1.jpg
    Basement Roughed Bathroom Drains 1.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 1,006

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I think you will find that the tub drain is already there somewhere under the concrete. Hopefully there is only a skim over the top ot the box.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Putting a tub on a platform is a real hack job. One thing I wonder about is whether this was roughed in for a tub or a shower. That would make a difference where the drain is. Once you determine tub or shower, then the drain should not be too difficult to locate. (Anyway, that's the theory) Any chance you can locate the blue prints?

ssgregory97

Reaction score
Can I use the bottom opening on the pipe that the sink drain is on to tie in the tub drain? I can't seem to find blueprints so I am not sure where there would be any drain under the concrete. Is it ok to use that line or will it cause issues?:confused:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
No, that won't work unless you put the tub on a high platform. You must have a P trap under the tub which mean if the tub is on the floor as it should be, the trap has to be under the floor level. You may have to cut into the floor to find the roughed-in drain.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Take a hammer and do a "tap - tap test." Hopefully You find an area that sounds different from the rest of the floor. This should be a skim covered box where your tub or, shower drain is. Bash it up and find your drain....

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

That opening is NOT a drain opening, it is a cleanout to access the pipe if, and when, it plugs up. Given the orientation of the tee above it, I doubt that the tub was intended to go where you anticipate it. It is probably on the other side, to the right of the toilet using your pictures.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks