separate forum for tankless heaters

Users who are viewing this thread

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
http://www.bostonheatingsupply.com/eternalparts.aspx/files/img/technology/Technology01.jpg

http://www.bostonheatingsupply.com/eternalparts.aspx/technology/

http://eternaltools.bostonheatingsupply.com/eternalparts.aspx/gu26-animation.html

I called Tech support and was told that it never needs to be cleaned with vinegar or any other acid regardless of the hardness of the water...also they are going to test the PH of the condensate and get back to me, they said that installs in Texas tend to have a lot of condensate...

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
Not getting warm fuzzies from the NAVIEN

Sewer Ratz.... Thank you for mentioning the Navien....

I found this link to I guess the one you are talking about....

it does not look much different than the tankless units....

http://www.navienamerica.com/content/Navien-Condensing-Tankless-brochure.pdf

No offence but for some reason,
I am not getting any real warm fuzzie feelings from it

looks like any other tankless to me......

have you heard anything that would change my feelings...

I really like what I see with the Eternal.....

Its not too big, and not too small, and what that has got to do with it, I dont know

and a 6 gallon reserve tank .... basically its a Stainless steel boiler

somehow it feels just right....

I am going to try to call a couple of plumbers listed on web site

that have installed them in their own homes and see what they have to say about them...

Last edited:

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
Terry why not you try???

A thread for water heaters?

Is that what I'm hearing?

All types?

IMy web site is all about waqter heaters.
and I it would be ok, especially if you are trying them out andthen doing a critique on them...

I have been trying to get
Bradford White to pay me for all the good will and
free advertiseing i have been doing for them

I dont know how long the thread would last...before it went lame...

The Whilpool thread has never died yet....
of course that is like a whole junk yard of burning tires.
that will never burn out...

If you do make one, please
use a picture of my 1916 Humphrey
heater on the link somehow...

I can even open it up and take some pics of the innards
its really not much different than the present technology....

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
Sewer Ratz.... Thank you for mentioning the Navien....

have you heard anything that would change my feelings...

Well the duel stainless steal heat exchanger , a reserve tank and a 15 year warranty on the heat exchanger. Guess that sums up what I saw and liked in the Navien units. The link you showed is the right one.

A thread for water heaters?

Is that what I'm hearing?

All types?

I think that would be a good idea, this way people can head to the water heater part of the forums for all their water heater needs be it tanked, tankless gas, oil or even solar water heating. If you want make the new Water heater forum and break it into 4 parts First one is tank type heaters, second tankless, third boilers and fourth would be solar and geothermal.

Last edited:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
They are pricy...The larger unit is $2462.50 + shipping and the smaller unit is $2212.50 + shipping...those are my costs...through Ferguson who is the only Local dealer...I will price them from another sourse...

SliderJeff

DIY Member
Reaction score
I called Tech support and was told that it never needs to be cleaned with vinegar or any other acid regardless of the hardness of the water...also they are going to test the PH of the condensate and get back to me, they said that installs in Texas tend to have a lot of condensate...

I can attest to this being an issue in Houston. The <insert less than flattering term here> that installed my Rheem didn't install a condensate trap at all. 1 month after it was installed, we can only use the hot water once and then have to wait like an hour or never get hot water. Got so bad that eventually the burners would never light. I took the friggin thing apart a couple weeks ago at 10pm in the 95 degree attic just to restore hot water. Still waiting for *bleep* to come back and install the damn part. Finding a plumber worth a damn in these parts is akin to getting blood from a stone.

Regards,
Jeff

SliderJeff

DIY Member
Reaction score
Plumber finally came back last Friday and installed the condensate trap on the unit. Hopefully this ends my woes in terms of losing hot water after the first time you use hot water sometime in the house. My taking the unit apart and cleaning the igniters seems to have made the most difference since we haven't had the issue since I did that.

Regards,
Jeff

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks