small space new toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

sussanna

Reaction score
we live at the beach so scale is a problem in the current old toilet. The bathroom is next to the bedroom and do not want to hear the toilet running. We are two adults but want the most pressure as our water pressure is not the best but not all that bad. We have an old toilet and are worried about the low flow. I am looking at the toto drake and ultramax. any help would be great.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
On a gravity flush toilet, the incoming water pressure doesn't make any diference in the flushing performance, it will only slow the refill. A pressure assist toilet might be affected if your incoming presure is really low. Don't confuse pressure with volume. If you have old galvanized piping, your volume could be poor, but the pressure may be fine. That being said, a pressure assist toilet will typically be a lot louder than a gravity flush. The Drake is a fine toilet...I put two of them in my mother's house. one ADA height and one standard elongated. Probably should have gotten her two ADA height, but the one that gets used most is ADA.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Just to add a thought to Jim's answer. A low flow toilet will fill about 3xs as fast as the old full flow because it only takes 1.28 to 1.6 gallons (depending on the model you choose) A power assist in addition to being noisy will not provide you with a better flush. Either the Eco Drake or regular Drake will be an excellent choice. I would pitch the ADA height since the use will be by adults.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks