No hot water from mixing valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Mike_B

Reaction score
Hello. I bought a 'shower tower' over a year ago and finally hooked it up after gutting the bathroom and put it back together. The cold works great and the flow slows to a stop as I adjust all the way to hot. I removed the tower and have no problems with flow from supply lines. I've never taken a mixing valve apart. There are no markings on the valve to identify it. What's involved and any suggestions?
Mike

GabeS

Remodel Contractor
Reaction score
There are shutoff valves on the shower body. Make sure they are both open all the way.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

The pressure balancing spool is probably stuck from being stored for that long. How to unstick it, if it is possible without replacing it, depends on the make and model of the control valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks