Circulation Pump Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Stevetothink

Reaction score
I have baseboard hotwater heat in an 800 square foot apartment. I believe my circulation pump has failed. I have 2 questions.

1. How much should I expect to pay a professional to repair or replace my existing unit?

2. Ho much should I expect to pay if I were to buy a new pump myself and try to install it?

Thanks in advance.

Steven

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
A complete pump would run $300 to $450 + labor. But there are parts...bearing assembly, shaft seal assembly, impeller, and of course motor, which can be separtely replaced for a lot less. But do you know what is bad?

Stevetothink

Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly what is bad but it is making a faint clicking sound and the hear isn't getting to the entire house evenly. I have a guy coming to check it out today. based upon my description, he thinks he can repair it for about $200. I'm wondering if that's a good deal or if I should just buy a new one and put it in myself.

Steven

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
200 is a real good price and unless you know what you are doing putting one on is most definatly not a homeowner job.

Stevetothink

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. It turns out that the circulator pump is fine. Some standard maintenance and good bleed job did the trick. I'm happy and warm again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks