Moving the shower water supply - is it difficult?

Users who are viewing this thread

PreciousBusterbird

Reaction score
Hello -

I am going to be getting a new bathtub and will be replacing the tub/shower fiberglass unit and tiling the alcove enclosure. While I was at it, I thought I should upgrade my shower. I realized that in order to install the system I want to, I need to change the position of the water supply.

I currently have a tub/shower combination, with ah hand-held shower on a rail. The water supply comes out of the wall where my normal showerhead and bar used to emerge. Now I want the water supply to come out of the wall about 5" to the right and about 18" lower to accommodate a Hansgrohe Raindance Connect showerpipe, model # 27164001.

I thought this was an elegant solution, because I could use my current diverter & thermostatic valve (pardon my ignorance of terms), but I realized today that the water has to hit the handshower part of the system first, and the rainshower head will be up where the current water supply comes out.

So is it a major plumbing job to move the water supply thing?

Thank you very much. I appreciate your help.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks