Grab bar in fiberglass shower

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Yes they work . Make sure to use specifically the grab bar wingit. Models would be RGBW35 or GBW40. These will be waterproof in the installation, and spread enough to give the support you need. You need to compare your grab bars to these. to make sure it will accomodate your screw patterns.

It is always preferable to have wood blocking, but if you had that you wouldn't be asking the question! The weak point is that if some gorilla stands on it or really jerks on it, then you are working on the basic structural integrity and strength of the fiberglass.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I used some grab bar wingits in a tiled wall...solid as a rock! Note, though, you must position them VERY carefully (depending on the bar you use), as they WON'T move once you install them, and most grab bars don't have slots for the screws. The grab bars they sell have a small slot that will give you a little leeway. I used a polished stainless steel bar...really hard to tell from polished chrome.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks