change from moen to price phister?

Users who are viewing this thread

mberbes

Reaction score
I purchased a bronze set of price phister fixtures for my shower...head, temp handle and spout, when we were trying to put it on, everything can be swapped out except for the temp handle (sorry I don't know what it is called). Anywho...the guy at home depot said that the only way to switch brands is to replace the guts inside the wall. The difference between the two is that the original fitting inside the wall (moen) is threaded and larger that the one on the new one (price phister). Instead of wasting a perfectly good set, and instead of ripping apart my wall, is there some kind of adapter or something that can be used to connect the two, or am I stuck with moen until I can afford a plumber? If so...anyone wanna buy a price phister set? :)
Thanks for the help...melissa

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Can you put a Ford distributor on your Chevy?

No, it would be an accident to be able to mix brands of valves and trim (but, some manufacturers make valves for other brands).

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Pp

Put it back in the box and exchange it for what you need. There are even situations where the same manufacturer's products are not interchangeable, so how would you ever expect to mix and match between two different companies?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks