Moving toilet drain

Users who are viewing this thread

TrevorO

Reaction score
I would like to move my toilet in my second floor bathroom so it is in the opposite corner of the current location. My problem is I don't know if it's even possible because I would have to go through 5-6 joists. My home is 100+ years old with 2x8 joists. I do have the option (if it even helps) if I can go through the joists to have the holes be over top of the sill plate (I think that's the right term) that is sitting on a block wall.

If someone could let me know if this can be done or if I'm totally out to lunch it would be great. I would most likely get a plumber in to do the job if it can be done.

Thanks

Last edited:

TrevorO

Reaction score
Edit to the above

It would only be 4 or 5 joists

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
A plumber on-site would be the best solution.
To little information for us to say anything here.

Zxed

Reaction score
I would like to move my toilet in my second floor bathroom so it is in the opposite corner of the current location. My problem is I don't know if it's even possible because I would have to go through 5-6 joists. My home is 100+ years old with 2x8 joists. I do have the option (if it even helps) if I can go through the joists to have the holes be over top of the sill plate (I think that's the right term) that is sitting on a block wall.

If someone could let me know if this can be done or if I'm totally out to lunch it would be great. I would most likely get a plumber in to do the job if it can be done.

Thanks

from my current project....

you would need to know how much room you have below the 2x8 joists.. and if the ceiling joists are going to be in the way...

also., you will need to vent the trap at the new location., you would need to know if you are moving closer or further away from the wastepipe in the bath :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks