Is methane dangerous when cutting cast iron?

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie

Reaction score
Nah the girlfriends are lucky. Stress does factor into it for sure, tho. But, being an auto immune disease it pretty much does what it likes.. when it likes. It took a ruptured bowel for them to diagnose it, REALLY bad that year was. She had it for about 20 years before then, and "it was all in the noggin" until then.

For now I think this thread has taken a 90 degree turn from where it started. :)

Rugged, why did you do that? ;)

The girlfriends: One is a first grade school teacher, big stress there, lol. The other is a friend I went to college with, she is a psychiatrist and blames her clients, lol. Did you know that more married women get Chrons by volumes than single women? Of course, no stress there.
29_1_9.gif

Last edited:

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Can't help it but I know quite a few people with this disease,

and they have a garbage can next to their toilet full of used toilet paper to keep the system from backing up. Disgusting.

There's a learning curve to using toilet seat bidets...but once you get used to a little squirt squirt between your legs, you'll find yourself coming home to use it when you have to resort back to traditional style, away from home.

mbauer

Programmer
Reaction score
Ha! This thread did take a turn...

Along with this renovation will come a new water heater and I have a few questions related to it. The current water heater is in a utility closet with the furnace. They both are on a raised floor for the return air vent. A vent has been mounted in the ceiling for combustible air. The pressure release valve has copper coming out of it and terminating into a small bucket. :(

A few questions:

1. Does the new water heater have to be 18" off of the raised floor?
2. What is the typical procedure for water heaters that have no drain in the utility closet?
3. There is an asbestos vent pipe right at the ceiling level. Should I abandon the rusted transition going into it you see below with something else from the flue hat? I've read that the asbestos transite pipes should just be left alone. Is that still recommended?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_4148.JPG
    IMG_4148.JPG
    21 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_4156.JPG
    IMG_4156.JPG
    22.3 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks