caroma new construction installation question

Users who are viewing this thread

patman

Reaction score
We're investigating purchasing Caroma dual flush toilets for our new house but after reading the literature and installation instructions I'm a bit confused. The literature describes them as having a "full 4" trapway" and the installation instructions explain that "reducing wax rings must not be used!" We have roughed in our ABS waste pipes at a standard 12" from the finished wall but they are 3" diameter pipes.

Does this mean that I can't use one of these toilets? If I can't, are there any dual flush toilets I can use? What is a "reducing wax ring"?

Last edited:

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
Your pipe will work. It sounds like they advise against using these:

waxring.jpg

See how it tapers¿

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You willl have a 4"x3" closet flange then.
It will still work with a 4" wax.

sydney_on_tile.jpg

Caroma Sydney with 270 bowl.

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Always avoid those rings like Kingsotall pictured. They are the ones with a plastic funnel on one side. The really mess up a 3" flange. Stay with a basic ring.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks