Spyware

Users who are viewing this thread

Barry J

Reaction score
I'm running windows vista, with Mcafee virus protection, that has some spyware protection. My brother says I should get more..he runs the free "ad-aware" and "spyboot", together. He says whatever one doesn't pick up the other does.
I just wanted to get a feeling for what suggestions others might have and what everybody else uses.
Thanks
Barry

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I used to run both AdAware and Spybot ( the free versions), along with my Noron AV. They did seem to find things when I ran them.

I dumped Norton, and now use Kaspersky 2009 AV and it really does not seem to need any help!.

Barry J

Reaction score
I went on the Spybot website and when I looked up the appl. for windows vista it mentioned "Application needs administrator rights"...what does that mean?

Scuba_Dave

Extreme DIY Homeowner
Reaction score
Website
holidaves.com
You need "Admin rights" in order to install the software
Vista has a lot more security built in

I have also used Adaware & Spybot
Some spyware is a royal pain to get rid of
I lock down my Network pretty tight & have cookies set that I have to approve most

I'm running Norton 2009

Scuba_Dave

Extreme DIY Homeowner
Reaction score
Website
holidaves.com
If you are the only user of the PC you should be the Admin
I haven't used it with my Vista PC yet
Are you having a problem downloading the software, IE it won't let you?

Macman

Reaction score
What would you rather have, an anti-spyware program that attempts to solve a problem after it's already on your computer, or one that keeps it from getting on your system to begin with? The pay-for version of Ad-Aware has a module called Ad-Watch that runs in the background, helping to protect your system on the fly.

Norton Internet Security 2009 is a BIG improvement over past versions, and it has anti-spyware built in. If you can put aside any past bad experiences with Norton, you'll find that Symantec has really been listening and has completely reworked the program from its system hog days.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks