Bidet seat for kohler

Users who are viewing this thread

troyc

Reaction score
Hello out there! I'm new to the forum and have a question that I did not see an answer to elsewhere. I have a one piece round bowl Kohler toilet that is several years old. I don't know what model it is (came with the house I just bought) but has a rounded contour and looks like the San Raphael one piece. I'm looking to place a bidet seat with a remote control - I have space limitations on the side of the toilet and don't want to take a chance on not having enough clearance. My understanding is that these rounded back contour bowls don't fit many bidet's. Can anyone recommend a good bidet that would fit. Plan B is to just replace the toilet and get a bidet with known compatibility (was considering the Toto Drake and the Toto S300 bidet. Thanks!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
3000_side.jpg

I sometimes use the Hometech HI4000 or HI4001 bidet seat.

Though the Ultramax or the Drake with the S300 Washlet would be a good way to go too.

kohler-bidet-seat-01.jpg

A Kohler bidet seat on a Kohler

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'd vote for Plan B. I would not put the expense of the bidet seat into an outdated toilet.

troyc

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I'm reluctant to place the new seat on the older toilet but it still works well and it's located next to a shower that has a door that swings out and clears the toilet with less than a half inch of clearance. I'm a little worried about changing the toilet and not being able to open the door even though my measurements show that the Drake should work.

So how does the Hometech compare to Toto? I haven't seen much info about it in my searches. Any complaints from people who had it installed? Thanks for the input guys.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
bidet

The San Raphael is a "no overflow when plugged up" design so I would not replace it unless it was absolutely necessary. But a bidet being a high end device, there will be few for round bowls if for no other reason than that most high end homes only use elongated bowls.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
If you have the San Raphael the S300 will not fit that toilet.
It will only fit square back toilets and that toilet is curved and from the picture of the Hometech i don't think that would fit either.

Terry?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks