American Standard Bathroom Faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Bakechad

Reaction score
I have an American Standard bathroom faucet. I believe it is the cadet model.

This morning when I turned it on the aerator flew off into the since. I tried to screw it back on and realized the plastic threads inside the faucet were damaged.

I took the bottom plate off the faucet and found part with the threads on it and removed it. It shows part number A923300.

I searched for the part online using google and checked the diagrams at **************.com and American standard. I found the faucet, but they do not list this part in the diagram on either site. Then I went to Ace Hardware and *******. Neither of them had the part and the Danco catalog which had the diagram of the faucet did not show this part.

Am I out of luck? Do I need to just replace the faucet?

Here is a picture of the part:

as_aer_01.jpg

Thanks

Chad

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Is your faucet fairly new? Strange to see such a part made of plastic. It very likely is not a replaceable part. What model # did you come up with for your faucet? Cadet is a venerable name, and it could be from 30 years ago, or yesterday. The number on the item is just a mold mark, and most likely is not the AMSTD part #./

Bakechad

Reaction score
Obviously it is junk!

Try Moen or, Delta.

I figured my best bet was to replace. I couldn't believe it was plastic!

When I moved in there were three of these faucets. The first one failed about six months ago, this one is number two.

The house was heavily remodeled in 1998, so I am guessing that's when they were put in.

How long should a "good" faucet last?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks