Kinetico model 60

Users who are viewing this thread

ErikM

Reaction score
I have a Kinetico model 60 and I want to remove the meter and clean everything up. I've never done this and don't want to mess up my system. If anyone has any step by step instructions to remove it and put it back I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
kinetico

Kinetico is very secretive about their softeners and tries to keep all service to themselves, so they do not publish any self help instruction as far as I know.

Probedude

Reaction score
Kinetico is very secretive about their softeners and tries to keep all service to themselves, so they do not publish any self help instruction as far as I know.

Do they use an off the shelf valve though? (Autotrol, Fleck, Klack?)

Gary Slusser can likely be of help here.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Why do you want to take it apart?

What is it doing it shouldn't or, not doing that it should?

Kinetico or their dealers, especially their resident salesman on most forums, will not tell you how to take it apart except to remove the screws around the clear dial. Then you're on your own and why I say that people should not buy proprietary equipment.

I've taken a few apart but it's been a long time ago so I'm no help except to say they have a lot of small parts inside.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
kinetico

The claim it is the only "softener that does not use electricity" so it could not use any standard control. And they also do not give out parts for others to service them either, at least in this area.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks