rough in

Users who are viewing this thread

wwimberley

Reaction score
As I understand it the circular plastic plate on the new Moen shower valve I have indicates the size of the hole I need in the cbu as well as the finish face placement. What's stumping me now is since I haven't chose the tile yet do I need to wait in order to know how much to add to the finsh face to allow for tile and thin set??

thanks

Nate R

Reaction score
There's a fair amount of adjustability on most valves. So if you leave enough extra in case you get thick tile, you should be OK.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If your finished wall is between the min/max lines on the plaster guard, the trim will fit. Some people really don't like the look if the handle sticks way out. The safest thing is to pick out your tile, but most tile doesn't vary all that much (unless you go with a stone). Still, safest to wait as you might be dissapointed if it is too far out (could have the trim so it won't go flush with the wall or it will be sticking out a lot), or too far in (you'll need to buy extensions and then it may stick out more than you like, too).

wwimberley

Reaction score
shower valve lines

I want to offset the shower head from the valve. In order to do that I need to re-route the supply lines and shower head riser. As far as pressure loss goes is there a noticeable difference between using 45 or 90 degree fittings?

Thanks,

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
valve

No appreciable difference for your purposes. There are extensions for the Moen valve if you put it too far inside the wall. There is NO hope, and nothing to correct it, if it sticks out too far.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks