Pump Size, Pipe Size, CSV location????

Users who are viewing this thread

fausdick

Reaction score
Hello,

What pump would be recommended for standard 3 bedroom 2 bath house. Distance from house to well is 500'. Well is 35' deep. Elevation distance from house to well is +5 feet, (house is 5' higher than well casing).

Also, what pipe size would be best?

Does the pressure rating of the plastic pipe need to be taken into consideration when installing a CSV? Is it better to install the
CSV in the well casing or next to the pressure tank?

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

fausdick

Reaction score
thank you for the reply!

Diameter of the well is 6".

Static water is at 10' below surface.

I hooked a 1/2" HP jet pump up to the well and pumped it continous for 1 hour through a 1/2" boiler valve. This lowered the water level down to 18' below the surface. This is all the lower it would go. Once the pump was shutdown the water level climbed back to the 10' level within 2 seconds.

Bathroom above ground level. No large shower heads, tubs, etc.

It's only my wife and I. we have no children.

No irrigation system either.

Speedbump

Reaction score
I would use a 1/2hp Submersible Pump with a CSV1, CSV1Z or CSV1W with a WWT-20 Bladder Tank. I would use at least 1-1/2" pipe from well to house.

Pipe type would determine what grade to use. Don't skimp, use good rated pipe and you won't have any problems.

Where you install the CSV is kind of a matter of preference.

bob...

Last edited by a moderator:

odiddave

Reaction score
matter preference where csv goes?

Howdy- the CSV website says to install csv UPSTREAM of ANY valve/outlets.- you say a matter preference.
I have a hydrant right at my well. do you mean that I can install in the garage where my plumbing is exposed- or do I need to install at well head (NOT my preference).
thanks. odiddave

Speedbump

Reaction score
With a Hydrant, you would want the CSV in the well. If you install it downstream of the hydrant, the water has to run through the CSV backwards at a reduced flow until the pump starts, then the water will come from the pump.

bob...

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Which is OK if you are just using the hydrant to fill a dog bowl. If you are using the hydrant for a sprinkler or anything long term, the CSV needs to be installed ahead of the hydrant.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks