Plumbing Kohler water tile body sprays

Users who are viewing this thread

BimmerRacer

Reaction score
Hey guys (and gals),

Quick question on plumbing body sprays for the shower. Is it true or false that if I am using the Kohler DTV I do not need to loop the body sprays? I am using DTV and not DTVII, if that matters

Thanks

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
As always, the manufacturer's installation instrutions rule the road.

I was at first intimidated by the 64 page manual but fortunately only 20 pages are in English!

I did not see any requirement to balance the water lines, but that may be related to the fact that this thing seems to cycle the sprays for the massage action. Didn't really study whether you can have multiple sprays continuously on, but the installation did not seem to require anything special.

I did note this requirement which I assume you have considered:
A dedicated water heater, 80 gallon (302.8 L) or larger, is recommended for this installation.

BimmerRacer

Reaction score
As always, the manufacturer's installation instrutions rule the road.

I was at first intimidated by the 64 page manual but fortunately only 20 pages are in English!

I did not see any requirement to balance the water lines, but that may be related to the fact that this thing seems to cycle the sprays for the massage action. Didn't really study whether you can have multiple sprays continuously on, but the installation did not seem to require anything special.

I did note this requirement which I assume you have considered:
A dedicated water heater, 80 gallon (302.8 L) or larger, is recommended for this installation.

I did look there, as well as Custom Showering Workbook and the layout do not look like they are looped when using DTV/DTVII controls and thermostatic valve. Just was looking for a confirmation

We have considered the water supply and we'll be replacing our 12 year old electric unit with a Rinnai R85i natural gas in a week or so. Our next battle will be the water pressure, I am sure.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Add up the volume required for all the things needed simultaneously, and take into account how cold you incoming winter water temperatures can be (mine get down to like 33 on a cold snap), and you may find a tankless can't handle it, especially if someone else turns on any hot tap.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Depends on where it goes from there - how deep the line is and how far it travels. Safest to measure it. To get the specified temperature rise on a tankless system, they may restrict the flow if the inlet temps are very cold. Just what you want in your shower...

Safest to measure it after a cold spell. Otherwise, you may be severely dissappointed. Many arguments on tankless, but in most cases, it will not save you money and will take more maintenance along with having trouble finding someone who is skilled enough to do it.

Last edited:

BimmerRacer

Reaction score
Many arguments on tankless come from ignorant people who don't want to learn new things.

BTW, Jim, my comment was not directed at you, I appreciate the advice.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks