Toilet flush problem

Users who are viewing this thread

HankB

Reaction score
I have a toilet on second floor which mostly requires two flushes to clear. I replaced the wax seal and am fairly certain there is a good vacuum seal to assist the flush; the water level in the tank is O.K. Another toilet on same floor in an adjacent room has no flush problem. What's my problem with the first toilet that requires at least two flushes?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
It could be a lousy toilet! Do you know what brand and model it is?

There could be an obstruction in the trap. There could be a restriction in the drain line. The tank fill level may not be right. The bowl fill hose may not be pointing down the overflow, and the bowl doesn't have the proper level. There could be deposits in the rim jets or the siphon jet (assumig it has one, not all but most do) restricting the rate at which the water is released. You might have a generic flapper valve that is not releasing the proper amount of water. And the list goes on.

A description of the actual flush operation and draining would help.

Did it ever work different, or has it changed recently?

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
the water level in the tank is O.K.
That observation is relative. That would depend on what you consider "OK" to be. It may not be "OK" for the plumbers on this board.

We would need to know what type of toilet you have and whether its a water conservation toilet

A pic can always say 1000 words.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks