Fluidmaster 402LG w/leak guard

Users who are viewing this thread

Gpace1

Retired
Reaction score
Gentlemen, today I installed a new Fluidmaster 402LG fill valve with the leak guard. I am unable to get the leakguard to work properly. When I simulate a flapper leak, the float does not stay up. It "seems" the plastic chain floating is enough to hold the "leak guard" device up and away from the the shaft thus preventing the metal clip from locking into the shaft and holding the float up. Any ideas? Gonna try a metal chain next...

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Rip that leak gaurd of and turn it into a regular fluidmaster 400a!

Nothing but trouble IMHO!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Fm

The cure for that is to take the LeakGuard back and get a good ballcock, namely a 400A without the leak guard feature. All it does is hide a leaking flapper, and make the user flush twice when the flapper does start to leak. The first time to release the leak guard latch and the second time to flush with a full tank of water. Then they will come here and ask, "Why do I suddenly have to flush the toilet twice?", instead of "My toilet flushes itself ever xx minutes, do I need to replace the flapper?"

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Thanks. Just to be sure...removing the leak guard will revert it to a 400a?

Yes the leak gaurd portion can be removed and it will revert to being a 400A.
As Arnold would say Terminate with Extreme Predjudice....

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks