1.28 GPF recommendations

Users who are viewing this thread

buckler

Reaction score
As part of a water savings project one of my children is working on we calculated how much water our toilets are using. With one 3.5 GPF and two 5 GPF toilets in the house it's time to replace some toilets. Here are our requirements. I'd appreciate any advice on what to choose.

12" rough
White
1.28 gallon flush (want to be green!)
Round front (smaller bathrooms)
Standard height (young kids)
WaterSense label ($100 rebate from water company)
Parts easily available for repairs (husband's requirement!)

The local big box store doesn't have any good 1.28 GPF models. The only choices were flapperless and I've read they don't perform well.

Two options I have come up with are:

Toto EcoDrake CST743E, local plumbing supply store
American Standard Cadet 3 Flowise 2829.128, special order at big box store

Thank you for the help!

WaterSense Toilets for the Seattle Area

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Wow, I had not seen the Cadet 3 Flowise before. It looks great.

As the "Go-to man", I might upgrade to that one, or perhaps put one in my basement when it's finished.

CarlH

Reaction score
I have a 1.6GPF round front Drake and the 1.28GPF elongated. Both are standard height. No complaints about either. I cannot comment on the AS Cadet Flowise, but I would say that I would not hesitate to get the Eco Drake round front in the standard height. Since you mentioned kids, you might think about getting the soft close seats. This help in preventing the kids from dropping the seat an lid to fast as well as guarding young boys against unfortunate incidents with a falling seat. Also, consider yourself lucky that you can get a rebate for the water sense label. My locale does not subsidize High Efficiency Toilets.

kc1121

Reaction score
I had to make a similar decision recently but it was between the EcoDrake and the EcoUltramax for me -- I ended up choosing the EcoUltramax b/c it was one-piece and I received a better deal (it included the soft-close seat and was only about $30-$40 more than the EcoDrake after the water co. rebate)

Baron

Reaction score
Toto EcoDrake CST743E

Go for the Toto EcoDrake CST743E (1.28 GPF)!!

I've had mine for a few months and it works great and super easy to install.

I recommend getting the soft close seat too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks