Wall hung

Users who are viewing this thread

jmonagh

Reaction score
I live in a high-rise condo with 6" concrete slab and 8' ceilings. I would like to move a toilet to a different location to extend my bathroom and shower. In the current location there is a dropped ceiling in the condo below my bathroom which conceals the waste pipe and tie in to the main stack.

My condo assoc. will not allow me to cut into the floor to run a new line since this would require access to the condo below (and may not be concealed by the dropped ceiling depending on location). I spoke with a master plumber who suggested building a false wall and tying into the master stack with a concealed tank and wall hung toilet. The condo assoc. won't allow me to cut into the existing soil stack since it would involve disrupting service to other units above me.

I love the look/cleaning ease of wall hung toilets and I don't mind spending the cash if it solves the issue. Can you remove the existing toilet flange and connect a new waste pipe from the current location to a wall hung toilet carrier located 2 - 3' away and conceal the waste pipe and existing hole with the same wall? Any other suggestions are welcome but I can't cut into the floor or main stack.

Thanks

J

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I think it could be made to work, but it will be close and with the extra angles, might be impossible to snake out if something did get clogged. You normally don't want too many angles in the line that close together. See what the pros here think...

You may also end up with the toilet a little higher to accommodate the bends in the line. A wall hung toilet usually needs a 6" deep wall (at least) to have enough room for the drain.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks