losing water

Users who are viewing this thread

AWalker

Reaction score
We bought a house with a sand point well and I am learning on the fly. Recently we had to replace the pressure switch and we have and nothing but problems since then. After we replaced it, the pump would turn on every 20 minutes or so and run for about 10-15 seconds, we were told that we needed to replace the check vaulve. we replaced the check vaulve and fixed that problem. Since then any time the water does not run for a 3 or 4 hour period we lose our water completly. If we try to turn the water on we will get water for a little bit then it is gone completly, we are likly just getting what is left in the tank. When this happens we have to shut the water off to the house and let it rebuild pressure before we will have water again. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on what my problems might be now.

Thanks

Speedbump

Reaction score
Sounds like possibly two problems. The leak that you say is fixed now, and a plugged pipe feeding the pressure switch. These pipes are small in size and can plug shut with minerals which shuts off the pressure switches ability to sense the actual pressure preventing your pump motor from starting.

To get into it deeper, we need more info.

bob...

AWalker

Reaction score
thanks I will make sure that there is no leak, and I will clean the pipe feeding to the pressure switch. If there is anything else that you can think of or any information that would help you assess my problem it would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks