Post your Pics

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Thanks Cookie. I'll get a brass one and fit it next time I am down there.

Neotonic

Reaction score
here is my brothers 1997 Sterling Windham

Ahh...but indirectly it does.

With that tube not replenishing the water in the bowl properly after the flush down and refill, the water level isn't brought back up to its "normal" level to start the next 4 step siphon jet cycle.

It's making the toilet flushing action work 5 times harder and I bet you two custard filled donuts that when you put a new fill tube in, getting that water back in that overflow tube....

You can probably lose one of those two plungers because you're not going to be unclogging it as much.

I wouldn't lie about this.

Haha it still works great, I am at 31 Squares of toilet paper lol in this dumb toilet XD
Video Proof xD only Toilet Paper

Last edited by a moderator:

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
Finally here is a toilet with a wooden tank (Fluidmaster inside!) From a rental house I was working in
near the U of MN
I'd fall out the door laughing if I walked in and saw that one! :D

Gusherb94

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
hi everyone ive been a lurker for a long time now i decided i would make my first post about my toilet. this is my restored "standard" cadet from 1959 its got all new parts in it and it flushes like no other toilet ive ever used. before it used to have the original flush tower in it but i replaced it cuz it needed a new seal and i couldnt find one for it. it used to be in my grandmas bathroom at her house but it was getting out of shape so she let me swap it out with another toilet so i got to fix this one up and then i set it up on the back deck to test it with things that you would never flush down the drain and it flushes just about ANYTHING and now its in my bathroom flushing very happily and trouble free.

jonathan

Achutch

Reaction score
Jonathan,

Fine restoration work!! I also saw your YouTube videos featuring your 1959 Cadet. The flush is impressive!

achutch

Gusherb94

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
American standard should take lessons from there past toilets on build quality and parts quality the original brass ballcock lasted 45 years the only reason i replaced it is because i cant get parts for it, same thing for the flush tower that lasted 48 years it only needed a seal, if as used there 1950s flush tower design and had better quality control the champion would of been a hit and they would probably still have a decent reputation.

Jonathan

Last edited:

Radon Contractor and Water Treatment
Reaction score
Website
www.78radon.com
toto elong resized.jpg

Out with the old and in with the new. I really got tired of my double flusher AS Plebe ... I love my Toto Drake elongated w/ Church slow close seat. So much so I just installed a second one this week (round) in the powder room. I can't get over the suction this has ... no more swirling water with solids left behind. Sorry Terry, I would have bought from you but I'm on the East coast.

C NUMB

Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
Website
www.ericsmithplumbing.com
Terry, Thanks.

I will try a post the rest of the bathroom, It is our Master bath. 2 years in the planning due to the limited space, but we did make the most of it.

SewerRatz

Illinois Licensed Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
I had a road trip over the last weekend. At one of the gas stations on the way I came across this water closet. I so want one of these installed in my home. Only other stainless steel water closets I seen had a built in lav sink. If you do not know where you can see one of them, that is awesome means you have not been in to much trouble.

sewerratz-10.jpg

Neotonic

Reaction score
I had a road trip over the last weekend. At one of the gas stations on the way I came across this water closet. I so want one of these installed in my home. Only other stainless steel water closets I seen had a built in lav sink. If you do not know where you can see one of them, that is awesome means you have not been in to much trouble.

Ohhh....a Neo-Metro or an Acorn Engineering Penalware Metal Toilet... or just a random metal toilet

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I believe the penal-ware does not have the flushometer out of the top it would be in the wall and inmates don't get seats. They can be made into weapons.

SewerRatz

Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
I believe the penal-ware does not have the flushometer out of the top it would be in the wall and inmates don't get seats. They can be made into weapons.

The ones I serviced had the flushometer hidden behind more steal or in the wall. And yes no seats.

I still want stainless steal fixtures in my home. I really like the look.. Then again I am also into steampunk stuffs.

sewerratz-11.jpg

sewerratz-12.jpg

Sixlashes

Plumber in Previous Life
Reaction score
Does anyone have a toilet with ample room on either side and in front? i.e. a lonely toilet in a big bathroom?

When I layed out the downstairs bathroom in our house, I located it beside a set of stairs and ended up with a 54" wide alcove for the throne. It bothered me that it was so wide and I considered framing in a dead space beside the toilet on one side. Instead, I opted for a 12" deep built-in bookcase with two shelves that faces the toilet from the side instead. You can't really see it from the doorway and it sure is convenient for storing reading material. I am going to put a built in cabinet with a door above this to store the other paper essentials. :D

SewerRatz

Reaction score
Website
www.a-archer.net
When I layed out the downstairs bathroom in our house, I located it beside a set of stairs and ended up with a 54" wide alcove for the throne. It bothered me that it was so wide and I considered framing in a dead space beside the toilet on one side. Instead, I opted for a 12" deep built-in bookcase with two shelves that faces the toilet from the side instead. You can't really see it from the doorway and it sure is convenient for storing reading material. I am going to put a built in cabinet with a door above this to store the other paper essentials. :D

That sounds awsome. I do all my best reading on the throne. Hope you can post pics someday, would be cool to see.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks